Could you be eligible?

Early Years Funding

Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) is additional funding for eligible three and four year olds attending their free early education.

The money is paid to the childcare provider to help them to better meet the needs of children and to maximise their learning in readiness to go to school. The provider can receive up to £300 of additional funding for each child.

Free school meals

This information about free school meals applies to children who attend schools in North Lincolnshire. Students who attend colleges should contact their college for more information.

Who qualifies?

Free school meals are offered to children of families who receive one of the following:

  • Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guarantee element of Pension Credit
  • Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190

Here’s where to apply:

Pupil Premium Plus

upil Premium Plus is available to pupils from reception age to Year 11 in state funded education in England who:

  • Have been adopted from care in England and Wales
  • Left care under a Special Guardianship Order (SGO), or
  • Left care under a Child Arrangements Order (CAO, formerly known as a Residence Order)

In 2013 the Department for Education (DfE) introduced Pupil Premium Plus for looked after and previously looked after children. In doing this the DfE acknowledged the enduring impact of trauma and loss in children’s lives and the key role of schools in supporting children who have had a difficult start in life. Pupil Premium Plus is currently £1,900 per child (as at December 2015).

In order to access the funding parents and guardians must declare their child’s adoptive, SGO or CAO status directly to the school before the school completes the January Census.

Parents and guardians must provide evidence, for example, a copy of the legal order or confirmation letter from the local authority who placed their child. The school then needs to ensure that this is declared on the census in order for the money to be allocated to them.

Pupil Premium Information Leaflet